- The Nation Mourns Slain NYPD OfficersPosted 9 hours ago
- The Pope Blasts Vatican Bureaucracy in Christmas MessagePosted 10 hours ago
- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 16 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 4 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 5 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 6 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Chick-fil-A’s ‘Record-Setting’ Day
Chick-fil-A reports record breaking sales yesterday across the country on Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day. This amid a firestorm of criticism and planned protests over the gay marriage debate.
FOX News Radio’s Jeff Monosso reports:
Americans turned out in droves, they say to send a message to those who vowed boycots and to scold Mayors in Chicago and Boston who threatened the restaurant chain’s existance in their cities. All because Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy’s doesn’t believe in gay marriage.
(Supporter) “I’m here today to stand up for the First Amendment and to stand up for an America where you can believe anything you want.”
This woman one of many who turned out in Chicago. Protesters also turned out across the country.
Chick-fil-A releasing statement saying they treat every person with honor, including gay and lesbian supporters who plan more protests outside Chick-fil-A restaurants tomorrow.
Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.
WATCH to learn more on this story:
READ a statement Chick-fil-A, Inc. following Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day:
“We are very grateful and humbled by the incredible turnout of loyal Chick-fil-A customers on August 1 at Chick-fil-A restaurants around the country. We congratulate local Chick-fil-A Owner/Operators and their team members for striving to serve each and every customer with genuine hospitality.
While we don’t release exact sales numbers, we can confirm reports that it was a record-setting day.
Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day was not a company promotion; it was initiated by others. The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. We understand from news reports that Friday may present yet another opportunity for us to serve with genuine hospitality, superior service and great food.”