- Do Dogs Get Jealous?Posted 14 hours ago
- France Sends Soldiers To Air Algerie Crash Site [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Old Man Dancing – Forever YoungPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: NASCAR’s Back At The BrickyardPosted 3 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
CDC: Whooping Cough Epidemic Worst in 50 Yrs
The U.S. is seeing its worst whooping cough epidemic in decades according to the CDC, and health officials are urging people to get vaccinated.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports:
Health officials putting out a call for adults to get vaccinated with the U.S. on track to have its worst year for whooping cough in more than 50. Nearly 18,000 cases reported so far this year, more than twice last year’s total. Nine children have died this year according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The highly contagious bacterial disease, also known as pertussis, which sounds like this:
As children gasp for breath. Often passed on from adults.
Health officials saying it is especially important for pregnant woman to get vaccinated, so they don’t spread it to infants who are too young to get the vaccine.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.