- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 1 day ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 2 days ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Bernanke Offers Weak Economic Outlook
An already tight economy is getting weaker: That’s what Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke is telling U.S. lawmakers.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington:
The economic recovery has decelerated. The Fed Chief telling the Senate Banking Committee the economy could slow down even more.
(Bernanke) “A reduction in the unemployment rate seems likely to be frustratingly slow.”
In fact Ben Bernanke warns the unemployment rate is likely to top 7% through 2014.
(Bernanke) “Issues related to seasonal adjustment and the unusually warm weather this past winter can account for part, but only a part, of this loss of momentum in job creation.”
Bernanke says the Federal Reserve is prepared to take further action if growth doesn’t pick up, but stopped short of offering what those steps may include.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.