- Deer Tick DangersPosted 4 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 1 day ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 1 day ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
Newer TB Strain Found In Florida
Health officials in Florida have noticed an increase of a different strain of Tuberculosis. Who’s most at risk?
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports from Miami:
An increasing number of Tuberculosis cases stemming from a new version of the bacteria causing the disease have been showing up in Jacksonville.
Harmon: “Well, it is an outbreak and it is one of the larger of its type. But, it’s relatively small.”
Only about 30 cases last year, says Duval County Florida Health Director, Doctor Bob Harmon. He says that lower-income people seem to be most susceptible:
Harmon: “Often using homeless shelters, food kitchens, those sort of settings.”
But that it’s fully treatable with antibiotics.
In Miami, Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.