- Housecall for Health: Sugar HighPosted 4 hours ago
- The U.S. Supreme Court Rejects ‘I Heart Boobies’ AppealPosted 1 day ago
- Skydiver vs Plane [PHOTOS / VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 5 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
FL Lifeguard Fired For Saving Swimmer [VIDEO]
Lifeguards working at a south Florida beach are quitting their jobs in protest of a co-worker getting fired for rescuing a swimmer in distress.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports from Miami:
Tomas Lopez got fired from his lifeguarding job at Hallendale Beach because he helped save a swimmer.
(Lopez) “I kept running until I finally found the person being dragged up out of the water, and I jumped into the water and grabbed him.”
The beach is patrolled by a contracted lifeguard company, but Lopez ran to a stretch of beach outside jurisdiction. Jeff Ellis runs the lifeguarding company…
(Ellis) “If we have acted inappropriately or out of haste, the facts will come forward and we will make whatever necessary amends to our action.”
The victim is doing okay.
In Miami, Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on this story in an interview with Tomas Lopez HERE: