- US Seeks To Normalize Relations With CubaPosted 15 hours ago
- American Alan Gross Released From Cuba After 5 Years In Prison [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Pistol Packin’ Wait Staff?Posted 23 hours ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 24 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
FL Lifeguard Fired For Saving Swimmer [VIDEO]
Lifeguards working at a south Florida beach are quitting their jobs in protest of a co-worker getting fired for rescuing a swimmer in distress.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports from Miami:
Tomas Lopez got fired from his lifeguarding job at Hallendale Beach because he helped save a swimmer.
(Lopez) “I kept running until I finally found the person being dragged up out of the water, and I jumped into the water and grabbed him.”
The beach is patrolled by a contracted lifeguard company, but Lopez ran to a stretch of beach outside jurisdiction. Jeff Ellis runs the lifeguarding company…
(Ellis) “If we have acted inappropriately or out of haste, the facts will come forward and we will make whatever necessary amends to our action.”
The victim is doing okay.
In Miami, Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on this story in an interview with Tomas Lopez HERE: