- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 19 hours ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 20 hours ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 20 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 4 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Housecall for Health: Spanking Causes Adult Mental Illness
The causes of mental illnesses are something medical professionals continue to study, but new research shows that how children are disciplined might play a role.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New research suggests that children who are disciplined with spanking are more likely to have mental health issues as an adult. Published in the journal Pediatrics, the study analyzed data from a government survey, and found that those pushed, slapped or hit by their parents had a higher risk of developing mental health problems ranging from anxiety disorders to drug and alcohol abuse.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.