- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 37 mins ago
- Tornado Strikes Near Oklahoma CityPosted 12 hours ago
- Justice Department Leak Probe [VIDEO]Posted 13 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Town Prayer CasePosted 13 hours ago
- Military Sex AbusePosted 16 hours ago
- Suburban Poverty GrowingPosted 16 hours ago
- Record-Breaking Ferris Wheel RidePosted 17 hours ago
Housecall for Health: Spanking Causes Adult Mental Illness
The causes of mental illnesses are something medical professionals continue to study, but new research shows that how children are disciplined might play a role.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New research suggests that children who are disciplined with spanking are more likely to have mental health issues as an adult. Published in the journal Pediatrics, the study analyzed data from a government survey, and found that those pushed, slapped or hit by their parents had a higher risk of developing mental health problems ranging from anxiety disorders to drug and alcohol abuse.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.