- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 6 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 7 hours ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 10 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Asia Passes North America in Number of Millionaires
As economies around the world struggle, the center of monetary power is shifting. Asia now has more millionaires than North America.
FOX News Radio’s Alastair Wanklyn reports from Tokyo:
(Eartha Kitt – “Old Fashioned Millionaire”) “..And an old-fashioned millionaire…”
The modern millionaire lives in Shanghai or Singapore, or here in Tokyo. A survey showing last year – for the first time – Asia’s millionaire’s outnumbered those in North America: 3.4 million Asian millionaires, to be exact.
But the economic climate is not being kind to the world’s richest. Their wealth shrank last year by $10,000-$20,000 each, and the number of super-rich – those with $30 million or more – saw their fortunes fall, on average, by about 5% each.
That’s all according to a survey by the Royal Bank of Canada.
In Tokyo, Alastair Wanklyn, FOX News Radio.