- Which Country Singer Reportedly Lands Acting Gig In New Adam Sandler Movie?Posted 58 mins ago
- Hillary: “You Won’t Get Me To Talk About Keystone”Posted 23 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Seattle Seahawks Attempting to Trademark The Number 12, The Word ‘Boom’ And MorePosted 24 hours ago
- Fast-Food Restaurant Fuels Frenzy On Vegas StripPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Scientists: Earth Is At a “Tipping Point”
A group of scientists from all over the world agree, the Earth is at what they call a “tipping point” due to human activity. They also say the path to a brighter future may be one of the key factors in November’s Presidential election.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
Twenty-two researchers, led by U.C.-Berkeley biologist Tony Barnosky, agree: Climate change, destruction of the Earth’s surface and population growth are leading us to a tipping point. To see what happens after that point, they looked to other dramatic shifts, like the end of the last Glacial Age.
(Barnosky) “We saw about 50% of the large-bodied mammals disappear off the face of the Earth.”
He says key to stopping disaster is to reduce the amount of natural resources we use by reducing the number of people we have.
(Barnosky) “As economic prosperity increases, overall birth rates tend to go down for whatever reason. So, one of the ways out of this is economic prosperity.”
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.