- The Balance Of Power: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 11 hours ago
- FOX Country: Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean Team Up For A Mega TourPosted 12 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Girl Desperate to be Nicki Minaj After Wisdom Teeth RemovalPosted 12 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Scientists: Earth Is At a “Tipping Point”
A group of scientists from all over the world agree, the Earth is at what they call a “tipping point” due to human activity. They also say the path to a brighter future may be one of the key factors in November’s Presidential election.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
Twenty-two researchers, led by U.C.-Berkeley biologist Tony Barnosky, agree: Climate change, destruction of the Earth’s surface and population growth are leading us to a tipping point. To see what happens after that point, they looked to other dramatic shifts, like the end of the last Glacial Age.
(Barnosky) “We saw about 50% of the large-bodied mammals disappear off the face of the Earth.”
He says key to stopping disaster is to reduce the amount of natural resources we use by reducing the number of people we have.
(Barnosky) “As economic prosperity increases, overall birth rates tend to go down for whatever reason. So, one of the ways out of this is economic prosperity.”
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.