- Bullet Points: Boston Top Cop Evans – Residents Don’t Need To Own Shotguns / RiflesPosted 2 hours ago
- Hired! Office Body LanguagePosted 3 hours ago
- Border Disorder: A Plan From House RepublicansPosted 21 hours ago
- AEHQ: FOX Poll: Midterm Election InterestPosted 1 day ago
- Housecall for Health: Fist Bump For HealthPosted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
Scientists: Earth Is At a “Tipping Point”
A group of scientists from all over the world agree, the Earth is at what they call a “tipping point” due to human activity. They also say the path to a brighter future may be one of the key factors in November’s Presidential election.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
Twenty-two researchers, led by U.C.-Berkeley biologist Tony Barnosky, agree: Climate change, destruction of the Earth’s surface and population growth are leading us to a tipping point. To see what happens after that point, they looked to other dramatic shifts, like the end of the last Glacial Age.
(Barnosky) “We saw about 50% of the large-bodied mammals disappear off the face of the Earth.”
He says key to stopping disaster is to reduce the amount of natural resources we use by reducing the number of people we have.
(Barnosky) “As economic prosperity increases, overall birth rates tend to go down for whatever reason. So, one of the ways out of this is economic prosperity.”
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.