- Malaysia Airlines Mystery: Stolen Passports Eyed In Missing Plane Investigation [VIDEO]Posted 15 hours ago
- The U.S. Supreme Court Rejects ‘I Heart Boobies’ AppealPosted 16 hours ago
- Skydiver vs Plane [PHOTOS / VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 5 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Scientists: Earth Is At a “Tipping Point”
A group of scientists from all over the world agree, the Earth is at what they call a “tipping point” due to human activity. They also say the path to a brighter future may be one of the key factors in November’s Presidential election.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
Twenty-two researchers, led by U.C.-Berkeley biologist Tony Barnosky, agree: Climate change, destruction of the Earth’s surface and population growth are leading us to a tipping point. To see what happens after that point, they looked to other dramatic shifts, like the end of the last Glacial Age.
(Barnosky) “We saw about 50% of the large-bodied mammals disappear off the face of the Earth.”
He says key to stopping disaster is to reduce the amount of natural resources we use by reducing the number of people we have.
(Barnosky) “As economic prosperity increases, overall birth rates tend to go down for whatever reason. So, one of the ways out of this is economic prosperity.”
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.