- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 14 hours ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 2 days ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Herb Reed, Last Original Member of “The Platters” Dies
The last surviving member of the iconic doo-wop group, “The Platters” has died.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
He was one of the originals when they formed six decades ago.
(The Platters – “Only You”) “Only you…”
The Platters had many singers over the years, but only Herb Reed was on every song that they ever recorded.
(The Platters – “The Great Pretender”) “Oh yes, I’m the Great Pretender…”
Their #1 hits included “The Great Pretender,” “My Prayer,” “Twilight Time” and “Smoke Gets in Your Eyes.”
He was doing a couple hundred shows a year until last year. The last of the original Platters, the 83-year-old Reed died at a hospice near Boston.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.