- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 18 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 19 hours ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 21 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 2 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 7 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Herb Reed, Last Original Member of “The Platters” Dies
The last surviving member of the iconic doo-wop group, “The Platters” has died.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
He was one of the originals when they formed six decades ago.
(The Platters – “Only You”) “Only you…”
The Platters had many singers over the years, but only Herb Reed was on every song that they ever recorded.
(The Platters – “The Great Pretender”) “Oh yes, I’m the Great Pretender…”
Their #1 hits included “The Great Pretender,” “My Prayer,” “Twilight Time” and “Smoke Gets in Your Eyes.”
He was doing a couple hundred shows a year until last year. The last of the original Platters, the 83-year-old Reed died at a hospice near Boston.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.