- FOX Wheels: America’s Big Pothole ProblemPosted 2 hours ago
- Securing America: IED Protection [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 3 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 4 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Housecall for Health: “Mind Over Matter” Eases Pain
Scientists may have found a way to ease pain, but it doesn’t use a pill or other drug. Instead, German researchers say they’ve proven that the idea of “mind of matter” really works when it comes to coping with pain.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New research pin-points the reason why mental diversions can make coping with pain easier. Scientists in Hamburg found a distracted mind releases opioid chemicals in the body that actually stop pain from reaching the central nervous system.
Trials were conducted by inflicting a high level of heat on volunteers while undergoing an MRI. The participants perceived less pain while concentrating on memory tasks.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.