- U.S. Reportedly Launches Strikes Against Al-Shabaab Leader In Somalia [VIDEO]Posted 26 mins ago
- Housecall for Health: Sleep Drunk?Posted 1 hour ago
- FBI Investigating Celebrity Photo HackingPosted 2 hours ago
- British PM Cameron Outlines New Anti-Terror Measures [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- FOX News Radio Remembers White House Reporter Mike MajchrowitzPosted 23 hours ago
- In Triumph Shall Wave: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 4 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
Housecall for Health: “Mind Over Matter” Eases Pain
Scientists may have found a way to ease pain, but it doesn’t use a pill or other drug. Instead, German researchers say they’ve proven that the idea of “mind of matter” really works when it comes to coping with pain.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New research pin-points the reason why mental diversions can make coping with pain easier. Scientists in Hamburg found a distracted mind releases opioid chemicals in the body that actually stop pain from reaching the central nervous system.
Trials were conducted by inflicting a high level of heat on volunteers while undergoing an MRI. The participants perceived less pain while concentrating on memory tasks.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.