- Gov. Chris Christie Launching PAC — A Possible Step Toward 2016 Presidential Run? [VIDEO]Posted 14 hours ago
- Thaw Of U.S. – Cuba Relations Stirs Mixed FeelingsPosted 16 hours ago
- Super Bowl Auto Ads: Who’s In, Who’s Out?Posted 16 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Housecall for Health: “Mind Over Matter” Eases Pain
Scientists may have found a way to ease pain, but it doesn’t use a pill or other drug. Instead, German researchers say they’ve proven that the idea of “mind of matter” really works when it comes to coping with pain.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New research pin-points the reason why mental diversions can make coping with pain easier. Scientists in Hamburg found a distracted mind releases opioid chemicals in the body that actually stop pain from reaching the central nervous system.
Trials were conducted by inflicting a high level of heat on volunteers while undergoing an MRI. The participants perceived less pain while concentrating on memory tasks.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.