- Nurse In Maine Defies Ebola Quarantine [VIDEO]Posted 15 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: Presidential Hopefuls Hit The Road in Support Of Midterm CandidatesPosted 21 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Homeowners Association Battles with an Elderly Vet over a FlagpolePosted 22 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Guilty Verdict In Hudson Family Murder Trial
A Chicago Jury has found William Balfour guilty of murder in the deaths of Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother, and nephew.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper has more on the verdict from Chicago:
Jennifer Hudson kept her head down while the verdict was read, holding her fiancé’s hand. Her fiancé, a former lawyer, was nodding his head as the verdict was read in agreement. William Balfour again has been found guilty on all counts including: first-degree murder, home invasion, and aggravated kidnapping. The Prosecution called 83 witnesses to the stand and entered several boxes of evidence; from maps to the .45 caliber handgun they say was used in the murders. A number of people told Jurors they heard William Balfour threaten the family, at times even showing a gun. But the Defense said authorities made a quick rush to judgment focused on Balfour because it was such a high-profile case, and didn’t have any physical evidence linking him to the crime.
Actress Jennifer Hudson as promised, was at the courthouse every day of the trial. She testified on the first day saying that she didn’t like Balfour, and the family warned her sister not to marry him. William Balfour faces life in prison.