- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 57 mins ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of March 7thPosted 2 hours ago
- Ukraine Crisis Leads To Sanctions On Russia, Executive OrderPosted 17 hours ago
- The Balance of Power: Is The Tea Party Losing Steam?Posted 22 hours ago
- Conservatives Gather At CPAC [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
White House Welcomes NASCAR Elite
The President filled his need for speed on Tuesday, welcoming some drivers to the White House who could easily rival his Secret Service chauffeurs on a speed course.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig reports:
Reigning Sprint Cup champ Tony Stewart joked with President Obama beside his #14 Chevrolet, but not before the President got in his own joke on the driver they call “Smoke.”
(President Obama) “Back in August, with the season winding down, Tony predicted that he wouldn’t be able to pull it off. In fact, he said that if he did end up winning the Championship – this is a quote – ‘I’ll declare I’m a total bumbling idiot.’ ((laughter)) Here’s your chance, Tony.”
The visit wasn’t all fun and games, though, as the President thanked NASCAR’s elite for the work they do off the track.
(President Obama) “You look out for military families, you look out for Gold Star families, you make regular visits to Walter Reed.”
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.