- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 7 hours ago
- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 10 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 14 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 15 hours ago
White House Welcomes NASCAR Elite
The President filled his need for speed on Tuesday, welcoming some drivers to the White House who could easily rival his Secret Service chauffeurs on a speed course.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig reports:
Reigning Sprint Cup champ Tony Stewart joked with President Obama beside his #14 Chevrolet, but not before the President got in his own joke on the driver they call “Smoke.”
(President Obama) “Back in August, with the season winding down, Tony predicted that he wouldn’t be able to pull it off. In fact, he said that if he did end up winning the Championship – this is a quote – ‘I’ll declare I’m a total bumbling idiot.’ ((laughter)) Here’s your chance, Tony.”
The visit wasn’t all fun and games, though, as the President thanked NASCAR’s elite for the work they do off the track.
(President Obama) “You look out for military families, you look out for Gold Star families, you make regular visits to Walter Reed.”
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.