- AFMW: Nick CannonPosted 2 days ago
- America’s Ebola Response Coordinator NamedPosted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Bret’s Cafe Lip-Dub ProposalPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in The Fast Lane: Restrictor Plate Racing at TalladegaPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
FOX on Tech: Facebook Buying Instagram for $1 Billion
Facebook wants more photos, vintage-looking, artsy-looking photos. And they just paid $1 billion for them.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal explains:
If you’re on Facebook, you’ve seen these photos – they look altered, a little artsy. It’s often because they’re photos users have shared through Instagram, and then on Facebook. Now, Facebook says it’s buying Instagram in a cash-and-stock deal for $1 billion dollars.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says in a statement it will keep building on Instagram’s strengths and features rather than just integrating everything into Facebook. Earlier this year, Facebook filed for its initial public offering, revealing its valuation stands at $100 billion dollars.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.