- Deer Tick DangersPosted 17 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
FOX on Tech: Twitter Recalls
You can get all kinds of information through Twitter, and soon, you’ll be able to find out what foods you need to avoid.
FOX News Radio’s Pat O’Neill has details:
The Department of Agriculture is rolling out a new service that will let Twitter users be the first to know about food recalls. The USDA already has a general Twitter feed, but this one will be state-specific, posting safety alerts for meat, poultry, eggs and other products; and information about protecting food during severe weather.
The agency says the state Twitter feeds offer a better way to get information directly to people affected by recalls, which often involve particular geographic areas where food was distributed.
Pat O’Neill, FOX News Radio.