- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 20 hours ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 22 hours ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Whitney Houston Dead at 48 [VIDEO]
Whitney Houston, one of pop’s iconic singers whose career was derailed by drug use, has died at age 48. One of entertainment’s best-selling artists for more than a decade-and-a-half, Houston made the crossover from music to movies, starring in films like “The Bodyguard” and “Waiting to Exhale.” Her 1992 marriage to Bobby Brown routinely made gossip headlines, with Brown being arrested multiple times before their divorce in 2007. By the, Houston’s career had fallen apart to the effects of drug use. An attempted comeback in 2009 ended with a string of off-key concert performance and the cancellation of her world tour.
Houston was found dead at the Beverly Hilton hotel on Saturday afternoon. Jennifer Hudson and Chaka Khan will honor Houston with a tribute at Sunday night’s Grammy’s.
FOX’s William LaJeunese has more on the life of Whitney Houston:
Memorials and shrines to the singer are growing all around the country, including at the church where Houston got her start in Newark, NJ.
FOX’s Anna Kooiman is there:
One of the most well-known performances of the Star-Spangled Banner came from Houston, who sang the national anthem at the Super Bowl in 1991.
WATCH Houston’s Super Bowl performance HERE: