- How Can You Protect Your Online Privacy?Posted 8 hours ago
- ‘Downton Abbey’ To End After Season SixPosted 8 hours ago
- Distractions A Problem For Teen DriversPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Audit: Over 57,000 Awaiting Initial VA Appointment
Thousands of new patients are waiting for appointments at VA medical centers according to a new audit.
FOX News Radio’s Rachel Sutherland reports from Washington:
It’s a staggering number: 57,000 veterans are on some kind of waiting list — enough vets to populate an entire city, about the size of Burlington, Vermont… or Greenville, South Carolina. They’ve been waiting at least three months just to get an initial appointment.
The audit also found an additional 64,000 veterans who enrolled in the VA healthcare system over the past decade never received any care. And that the VA’s appointment process not only confused vets, but also supervisors and workers who sometimes lied about appointment dates to make wait times look shorter.
In Washington, Rachel Sutherland, FOX News Radio.