- President Obama Insists No U.S. Combat Mission In IraqPosted 8 hours ago
- Fed Signals Plan To Keep Interest Rates Low For A “Considerable Time” [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 15 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Audit: Over 57,000 Awaiting Initial VA Appointment
Thousands of new patients are waiting for appointments at VA medical centers according to a new audit.
FOX News Radio’s Rachel Sutherland reports from Washington:
It’s a staggering number: 57,000 veterans are on some kind of waiting list — enough vets to populate an entire city, about the size of Burlington, Vermont… or Greenville, South Carolina. They’ve been waiting at least three months just to get an initial appointment.
The audit also found an additional 64,000 veterans who enrolled in the VA healthcare system over the past decade never received any care. And that the VA’s appointment process not only confused vets, but also supervisors and workers who sometimes lied about appointment dates to make wait times look shorter.
In Washington, Rachel Sutherland, FOX News Radio.