- Pollino’s Guide To Holiday Movies (And Oscar Buzz): A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 21 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: John Lewis Christmas Advert 2014Posted 22 hours ago
- Tales Of Black Friday ShoppersPosted 22 hours ago
- FOX Country: Jake Owen’s Humbling BalladPosted 23 hours ago
- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 2 days ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 2 days ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 3 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 3 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 3 days ago
Sochi Security Warning
Terror in a tube. The Department of Homeland Security is out with a warning about flights headed to Russia.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington DC:
Toothpaste tubes could be all terrorists need to smuggle explosives onto Russia-bound flights. The Department of Homeland Security passing along that warning to airlines, some originating in the U.S. The bulletin indicates explosive devices could be assembled in flight, or once would-be-terrorists arrive in Russia for the games. DHS says it is not aware of any specific threat to the homeland, but regularly shares information with international partners. Delta Airlines is the only U.S. carrier with direct flights from the U.S. to Moscow. Russian airlines also operate non-stop flights.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.
So what will security be like for spectators attending the Opening Ceremony or the Olympic events themselves?
FOX News Radio’s Simon Owen is in Sochi with that part of the story:
Anyone attending that ceremony or any Olympic event will have to go through airport-style security checks and also switch on their cell phone, to prove it’s just a normal phone.
The Russian government saying today that it guarantees these Games will be safe.
The competition has already started– with slope-style snowboarding making its Olympic debut. Seven Americans have made it through to the next round already, But Shaun White has decided to sit this event out.
At the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Simon Owen, FOX News Radio.