- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 4 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 5 hours ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 7 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 1 day ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 1 day ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 1 day ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 6 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
GA Woman Requests Roadside Memorial For Chickens
Highway right-of-way memorials are common, but a Georgia woman wants one of a different kind.
FOX News Radio’s Tonya J. Powers reports:
Sarah Segal is an animal lover. That’s why she’s asking the Georgia Department of Transportation to let her put a roadside memorial on Highway 129 near Gainesville.
She wants the 10-foot-tall tombstone to honor the memory of chickens that were killed in a crash there.
(Segal) “And the text would say ‘In memory of the dozens of terrified chickens who died as a result of the truck crash January 27, 2014. Go vegan’.”
Sarah says she feels she must speak up for them.
(Segal) “They don’t have any living relatives to come forward for them.”
The driver of the chicken truck and the other vehicle were not seriously hurt.
Tonya J. Powers, FOX News Radio.