- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 11 hours ago
- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 3 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 5 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
FOX Wheels: Predicting the Future
In our weekly podcast on the automotive industry, FOX Wheels takes a look at predicting the future in car-design.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports:
It’s FOX Wheels.
Remember the ad slogan “There’s a Ford in your future?” Now, there’s a futurist in your Ford.
Sheryl Connelly predicts what you will want in your car and says her job is…
(Connelly) “Really outside the box.”
Looking at everything except cars and relying on…
(Connelly) “Social trends, technological, economic, environmental and political because we think those are the five forces that will at least shape the landscape.”
She says it’s the aging population…
(Connelly) “That helped build the business case for putting a reverse sensing system into the rear bumper. It also helps you rationalize why you put a camera on the dashboard that gives you a view of what’s behind the car for people who can’t turn their neck.”
With Ford launching 23 new vehicles in 2014 – CFO Bob Shanks says they’ll take a financial hit due to new model costs and…
(Shanks) “As we run out prior models and assume a continuation of a more competitive pricing environment for small and medium cars and utilities.”
So you may be in for a deal.
McLaren automobile company is said to be working on a vibrating windscreen that would clear water off of your windshield… instead of wipers.
With FOX Wheels, I’m Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.
Follow Jennifer Keiper on Twitter: @JenniferKeiper