- Stresses of Social MediaPosted 1 hour ago
- Crime Concerns In New Orleans — Ahead Of Mardi Gras FestivitiesPosted 2 hours ago
- Gov. Chris Christie Launching PAC — A Possible Step Toward 2016 Presidential Run? [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- Thaw Of U.S. – Cuba Relations Stirs Mixed FeelingsPosted 1 day ago
- Super Bowl Auto Ads: Who’s In, Who’s Out?Posted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
Food Stamp Cuts Take Effect
A lot more Americans get food stamps than just five years ago, but as of November 1, they all get a little less.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington:
$36 less a month in food stamp assistance for a family of four. A boost in food stamp funding, intended as temporary relief as part of the stimulus bill, has expired.
Since 2008, food stamp costs have doubled to nearly $80 billion a year. That has Republicans calling for reform and more than $4 billion a year in annual cuts to the program. Democrats suggest just a fraction of that. The disagreement long-stalling a farm bill. Negotiations between the House and Senate are underway.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.