- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 3 hours ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 21 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 1 day ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Food Stamp Cuts Take Effect
A lot more Americans get food stamps than just five years ago, but as of November 1, they all get a little less.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington:
$36 less a month in food stamp assistance for a family of four. A boost in food stamp funding, intended as temporary relief as part of the stimulus bill, has expired.
Since 2008, food stamp costs have doubled to nearly $80 billion a year. That has Republicans calling for reform and more than $4 billion a year in annual cuts to the program. Democrats suggest just a fraction of that. The disagreement long-stalling a farm bill. Negotiations between the House and Senate are underway.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.