- AFMW: The Rhett Walker BandPosted 1 day ago
- Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah Dies at 90Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Cop Lip Syncing To Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off”Posted 2 days ago
- Country Music Stars Defend “American Sniper” [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Brain-Eating Amoeba Found Again in Louisiana
They’re boosting chlorine levels in a second Louisiana water system after a rare amoeba was found.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports:
It’s the brain-eating amoeba, blamed for a child’s death in southern Louisiana in August. Now the CDC confirms, it’s been found in five locations in northern Louisiana. All of those sites in the DeSoto Parish Waterworks District targeted for testing after the death in Saint Bernard Parish because DeSoto also had an amoeba-related death two years ago. State officials say a free chlorine burn is beginning, to eliminate the risk of exposure to naegleria fowleri, which is most common in fresh water lakes and rivers. Not everyone exposed to the amoeba suffers an infection.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.