- Man Apprehended After Jumping White House Fence [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: The 5 Most Intriguing House Races of 2014Posted 4 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Should There Be Parent Liability With Facebook?Posted 5 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Brain-Eating Amoeba Found Again in Louisiana
They’re boosting chlorine levels in a second Louisiana water system after a rare amoeba was found.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports:
It’s the brain-eating amoeba, blamed for a child’s death in southern Louisiana in August. Now the CDC confirms, it’s been found in five locations in northern Louisiana. All of those sites in the DeSoto Parish Waterworks District targeted for testing after the death in Saint Bernard Parish because DeSoto also had an amoeba-related death two years ago. State officials say a free chlorine burn is beginning, to eliminate the risk of exposure to naegleria fowleri, which is most common in fresh water lakes and rivers. Not everyone exposed to the amoeba suffers an infection.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.