They're boosting chlorine levels in a second Louisiana water system after a rare amoeba was found.
FOX News Radio's Lisa Brady reports:
It's the brain-eating amoeba, blamed for a child's death in southern Louisiana in August. Now the CDC confirms, it's been found in five locations in northern Louisiana. All of those sites in the DeSoto Parish Waterworks District targeted for testing after the death in Saint Bernard Parish because DeSoto also had an amoeba-related death two years ago. State officials say a free chlorine burn is beginning, to eliminate the risk of exposure to naegleria fowleri, which is most common in fresh water lakes and rivers. Not everyone exposed to the amoeba suffers an infection.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.