- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 8 hours ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 15 hours ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 16 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
FOX on Tech: Bill Gates Admits Design Mistake [VIDEO]
A common keyboard function PC users have loved to hate is now being called a mistake by Bill Gates.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka explains:
FOX on Tech.
Bill Gates is finally owning up to what the rest of us already know. Why we needed Control-Alt-Delete to log on to our PC machines? Gates says that three finger step, maybe it wasn’t such a good idea:
Gates: “We could have had a single button ah, that the guy who did the IBM keyboard design didn’t want to give us our single button. And so we had, we programmed a little level that you had to… It, it was a mistake (laughter)
Gates’ confession came during an interview at Harvard. The early interface was intended as a security measure. But that hand stretching key combo remains to access a variety of other PC functions.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.
Watch the VIDEO below from Bill Gates’ Harvard interview: