- Australia Foils Terror Plot, Sends Troops To The Middle East In Fight Against ISIS [VIDEO]Posted 11 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: The Clintons Look To Save Senate DemocratsPosted 15 hours ago
- It’s That Time Of Year Again… Flu SeasonPosted 16 hours ago
- Legal Lis: What’s the Next Step in the Adrian Peterson Child Injury Case?Posted 17 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Obama Building Case Against Syria [VIDEO]
President Obama will speak to the nation Tuesday as he builds a case for military intervention in Syria.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House.
(President Obama) “I knew this was going to be a heavy lift.”
President Obama said he had no illusions about the difficulty of convincing Congress to support military action. And with public opinion running against — the President plans an address to the nation Tuesday night. But he’s not predicting a sea change.
(President Obama) “It’s conceivable that at the end of the day, I don’t persuade a majority of the American people that it’s the right thing to do.”
And asked if he would act even if Congress votes no — the President was evasive.
(President Obama) “You’re not getting a direct response.”
A Senior House Republican official frets the President’s Tuesday night address might be too late — saying this was the critical week to win over public and Congressional support.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
WATCH President Obama’s news conference in Russia: