- Secret Service Director Julia Pierson ResignsPosted 11 hours ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 19 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Cost of a Strike on Syria
There are a lot of variables to consider in the decision over a possible military strike on Syria and one is the financial costs.
FOX News Radio White House Correspondent Mike Majchrowitz looks at how big the bill could be:
Tens of millions is how Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel estimates the cost of a Syria operation. But Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Jonathan Greenert says that bill can inflate very quickly. Operating a carrier strike force isn’t cheap.
(Greenert) “It will cost you about $40 million a week.”
And destroyers add up…
(Greenert) “A destroyer, I think, costs about $7 million a week.”
…And there are four there.
And as for munitions…
(Greenert) “A Tomahawk missile costs about a million-and-a-half dollars.”
So with all the cuts to the military budget, would the Pentagon need supplemental funding?
(Greenert) “A supplemental might be the order of the day.”
But at a hearing Wednesday, Secretary of State Kerry suggested Arab countries might chip in to cover the cost.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.