- Senator Mary Landrieu’s Keystone CollapsePosted 9 hours ago
- How Much Does Thanksgiving Cost?Posted 9 hours ago
- Mike Nichols, Director of “The Graduate,” DiesPosted 9 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Lawyer Sues Holder & ATF Over Homemade Machine GunPosted 10 hours ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Cost of a Strike on Syria
There are a lot of variables to consider in the decision over a possible military strike on Syria and one is the financial costs.
FOX News Radio White House Correspondent Mike Majchrowitz looks at how big the bill could be:
Tens of millions is how Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel estimates the cost of a Syria operation. But Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Jonathan Greenert says that bill can inflate very quickly. Operating a carrier strike force isn’t cheap.
(Greenert) “It will cost you about $40 million a week.”
And destroyers add up…
(Greenert) “A destroyer, I think, costs about $7 million a week.”
…And there are four there.
And as for munitions…
(Greenert) “A Tomahawk missile costs about a million-and-a-half dollars.”
So with all the cuts to the military budget, would the Pentagon need supplemental funding?
(Greenert) “A supplemental might be the order of the day.”
But at a hearing Wednesday, Secretary of State Kerry suggested Arab countries might chip in to cover the cost.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.