- Nurse In Maine Defies Ebola Quarantine [VIDEO]Posted 2 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: Presidential Hopefuls Hit The Road in Support Of Midterm CandidatesPosted 8 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Homeowners Association Battles with an Elderly Vet over a FlagpolePosted 9 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
New Mammal Discovered
A new species of mammal has been discovered… the olinguito.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor reports from Washington:
It’s not that they found an animal they’d never seen before, they just learned to tell the difference between an olingo and an olinguito. Both are cute and furry and live in South American forests, and both were in zoos. But scientist Kristofer Helgen at the Smithsonian noticed that the little one with smaller ears wouldn’t make babies with the other ones.
(Helgen) “She wasn’t just fussy. They weren’t even the right species.”
So now science knows there are olinguitos, as well as olingos. The animals could have told them that, if they weren’t so busy jumping around in the trees.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.