- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 14 hours ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
New Mammal Discovered
A new species of mammal has been discovered… the olinguito.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor reports from Washington:
It’s not that they found an animal they’d never seen before, they just learned to tell the difference between an olingo and an olinguito. Both are cute and furry and live in South American forests, and both were in zoos. But scientist Kristofer Helgen at the Smithsonian noticed that the little one with smaller ears wouldn’t make babies with the other ones.
(Helgen) “She wasn’t just fussy. They weren’t even the right species.”
So now science knows there are olinguitos, as well as olingos. The animals could have told them that, if they weren’t so busy jumping around in the trees.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.