- Freed American Journalist Releases StatementPosted 12 mins ago
- Bullet Points: Shoot to Wound?Posted 4 hours ago
- Hired! Job OpportunitiesPosted 4 hours ago
- AFMW: American Traditional Country Music Duo, The Secret SistersPosted 6 hours ago
- President Obama Green Lights Surveillance Flights Over Syria [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Sharing Opinions On Social MediaPosted 1 day ago
- The Emmy Awards: Big Wins and An Emotional Tribute to Robin Williams [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
Housecall for Health: Full Head Transplants
One human head… on another human’s body. It may not just be the stuff of sci-fi movies. Surgeons could soon be doing full head transplants in real life.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in this edition of “Housecall for Health”:
In what seems straight out of a Frankenstein movie, full human head transplants — brain and all — could happen in the near future.
A report in the journal Surgical Neurology International says during the procedure, the donor and recipient must be in the same room with a carefully controlled temperature, and the spinal cord be cut with an extremely thin knife.
The surgery would not help those with spinal cord injuries, and the ethics surrounding it are very much under debate.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.