- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 2 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 2 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
The Next Disaster: A FOX News Radio Special
Disasters happen: and they seem to be happening often. It can be a natural disaster like the EF-5 tornado in Moore, Oklahoma or an earthquake or a terrorist attack like the Boston Marathon bombing or a horrible accident like the Texas fertilizer plant explosion or even a flu epidemic. We can’t wish these disasters away. But we CAN prepare for them and take steps to lessen their impact.
How has weather forecasting and other technology helped us prepare for natural disasters? Why do we sometimes get the forecast exactly right and other times so very wrong? We’ll look at early warnings that saved lives and failures that were deadly. What steps can we take to protect ourselves from accidents and terrorist attacks? What should YOU do to keep your family safe? And we’ll take a look at “preppers”; people who take disaster preparedness to extreme lengths.
Listen below to “The Next Disaster: A FOX News Radio Special” hosted by FOX Meteorologist, Janice Dean:
Follow Janice Dean on Twitter: @janicedeanfox