- President Obama Announces Plan To Fight EbolaPosted 13 hours ago
- Joint Chiefs Chairman Won’t Rule Out U.S. Ground Troops Against ISISPosted 17 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: How Much Coffee Is Too Much?Posted 24 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Housecall for Health: Dirty Handbags
Your purse isn’t just storing your wallet, makeup, and sunglasses… according to new research, it’s carrying around lots of bacteria too.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New research shows handbags can contain more bacteria than the average toilet. A study from the company Initial Washroom Hygiene finds one-in-five purses carry bacteria dangerous enough to pose a threat to human health, especially those made of leather.
Experts say handbags should be cleaned regularly with antibacterial wipes, and women need to wash their hands after touching the inside of their purse.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.