- Man Apprehended After Jumping White House Fence [VIDEO]Posted 1 hour ago
- The Balance Of Power: The 5 Most Intriguing House Races of 2014Posted 2 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Should There Be Parent Liability With Facebook?Posted 3 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Dirty Handbags
Your purse isn’t just storing your wallet, makeup, and sunglasses… according to new research, it’s carrying around lots of bacteria too.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New research shows handbags can contain more bacteria than the average toilet. A study from the company Initial Washroom Hygiene finds one-in-five purses carry bacteria dangerous enough to pose a threat to human health, especially those made of leather.
Experts say handbags should be cleaned regularly with antibacterial wipes, and women need to wash their hands after touching the inside of their purse.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.