- Ebola In America: CDC Confirms First US CasePosted 3 hours ago
- The Head of the Secret Service in the Hot SeatPosted 12 hours ago
- AEHQ: ISIS Bleeds Into The Mid-Term ElectionsPosted 14 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: New Teen Birth Control RecommendationPosted 14 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Justice Department Leak Probe [VIDEO]
New revelations show that a FOX News Channel reporter was also caught up in the Justice Department’s attempts to punish leakers.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House:
The White House won’t comment directly on the case of FOX News Channel’s James Rosen whose email and phone records were seized in a Justice Department probe of leaks. But Press Secretary Jay Carney defends going after leakers.
(Carney) “Leaks can endanger the lives of men and women in uniform and other Americans.”
FOX News Executive Vice President Michael Clemente says the organization is “outraged” Rosen “was named a criminal co-conspirator for simply doing his job as a reporter.” So too Gregg Leslie of the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press.
(Leslie) “There is no way that simply asking a government official for information can be a conspiracy.”
Leslie says this will have a chilling effect on reporters just trying to do their jobs.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
WATCH for more on this story:
READ a statement from FOX News Executive Vice President of News Michael Clemente regarding the James Rosen investigation:
“We are outraged to learn today that James Rosen was named a criminal co-conspirator for simply doing his job as a reporter. In fact, it is downright chilling. We will unequivocally defend his right to operate as a member of what up until now has always been a free press.”