- VIRAL VIDEOS: Madden NFL 15: Madden SeasonPosted 6 mins ago
- President Obama Addresses ISIS and Ukraine CrisisPosted 13 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: Is President Obama Hurting Democrats?Posted 23 hours ago
- Poll: Parents Uncomfortable With Youth FootballPosted 23 hours ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
Deer Tick Dangers
It’s a tiny bug with a big bite. There are new warnings out about deer ticks and the diseases they can carry.
FOX News Radio’s Jill Nado reports:
(Brad Paisley) “I’d like to check you for ticks.”
Brad Paisley apparently has the right idea…
(Brad Paisley) “I’d sure like to check you for ticks.”
Because deer ticks aren’t just about Lyme Disease anymore.
Dr. Sam Telford of Tufts University says researchers are now finding there are at least four other diseases you can get…
(Dr. Telford) “Borrelia Miyamotoi Disease, then there’s Human Granulocytic Ehrlichiosis, then there’s Babesiosis, then there’s Deer Tick Virus, which is a relative of West Nile Virus and causes encephalitis.”
The one warning sign you should be looking out for this summer is fever. If you get a fever, but you don’t have a cough or runny nose, get to a doctor and get checked for deer tick bits.
Jill Nado, FOX News Radio.