- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 8 mins ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 1 hour ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 3 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 1 day ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 1 day ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 1 day ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 6 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Suicide Rates Rising
Americans are dying by their own hand at an alarming rate according to the Centers for Disease Control.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
There is a surge in suicide, rising 31% since 1999, according to the CDC. It now exceeds the death rate caused by car crashes.
The increase is led by the the suicide rate among middle-aged Americans: those 35 to 64. In that group suicide is now the fourth most common cause of death , right behind cancer, heart disease and unintentional injury such as drowning.
For working adults, the suicide rate is double that of any other demographic.
It is raising alarms that years of economic hurt are taking a self-inflicted toll on a generation.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.