- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 16 hours ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 24 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
NH Man Loses Life Savings Playing Carnival Game
Carnival games: They’re notoriously difficult to win, but would you blow your entire life savings on one?
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the story of a New Hampshire man now regretting his competitive streak:
The grand prize – an Xbox Kinect – attracting Henry Gribbohm to the Tubs of Fun game at a carnival in Manchester, New Hampshire.
(Gribbohm) “You’re expecting to win a few things and you know, let the kids have a good time. It just didn’t turn out that way.”
Gribbohm first lost $300, then some more, eventually losing his entire $2,600 life savings.
(Gribbohm) “It’s not possible that it wasn’t rigged.”
Gribbohm has filed a report with the Manchester Police, who are investigating. But carnival Vice President John Flynn says he’s not aware of any fraud, adding it’s just a hard game.
(Flynn) “I’ve tried it myself. I’ve done it once, missed probably 20 times.”
The company has returned $600 to Gribbohm, who went home with just a large, stuffed banana.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.