- A Trip To Clown School Ahead of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Fox & Food: Deep-Fried TurkeyPosted 1 day ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Chick ChickPosted 2 days ago
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Season Wrap UpPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Five Killed in Illinois Shooting
Gunfire in a rural Illinois town leaves five people dead, a sixth – a six-year-old girl – wounded and the prime suspect dead after a wild shootout following a police chase.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports:
Police say 43-year-old Rick Smith of rural Morgan County, Illinois busted through the back door of a Manchester apartment and shot five people at close range.
(Lt. Col. Kilby) “Two of the victims will be male children, an adult male and two adult females.”
Lt. Col. Todd Kilby says a young girl suffered gunshot wounds.
(Lt. Col. Kilby) “Based on witness statements, the offender took the six-year-old victim out of the residence and put her in the hands of a neighbor.”
Rick Smith died at a hospital after exchanging gunfire with police. Scott County State’s Attorney Michael Hill says smith had been convicted of reckless homicide related to a DUI.
(Hill) “He had, also, some criminal arrests for paraphernalia, drugs, bad checks. Things of that nature.”
No motive given for the Manchester murders.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.