- Malaysia Airlines Mystery: Stolen Passports Eyed In Missing Plane Investigation [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- The U.S. Supreme Court Rejects ‘I Heart Boobies’ AppealPosted 10 hours ago
- Skydiver vs Plane [PHOTOS / VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 5 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Five Killed in Illinois Shooting
Gunfire in a rural Illinois town leaves five people dead, a sixth – a six-year-old girl – wounded and the prime suspect dead after a wild shootout following a police chase.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports:
Police say 43-year-old Rick Smith of rural Morgan County, Illinois busted through the back door of a Manchester apartment and shot five people at close range.
(Lt. Col. Kilby) “Two of the victims will be male children, an adult male and two adult females.”
Lt. Col. Todd Kilby says a young girl suffered gunshot wounds.
(Lt. Col. Kilby) “Based on witness statements, the offender took the six-year-old victim out of the residence and put her in the hands of a neighbor.”
Rick Smith died at a hospital after exchanging gunfire with police. Scott County State’s Attorney Michael Hill says smith had been convicted of reckless homicide related to a DUI.
(Hill) “He had, also, some criminal arrests for paraphernalia, drugs, bad checks. Things of that nature.”
No motive given for the Manchester murders.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.