- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 5 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 1 day ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 4 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Nationwide Guantanamo Protests [VIDEO]
In 26 cities in 19 states across the country, human rights groups called for a “Day of Action” protesting indefinite detention of terror suspects.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig spoke with people at the rally in New York City:
(Carmen Trotta) “We come before the American people, bringing what is a grave and dark image.”
From San Francisco to New York’s Times Square, protests calling for the closing of the military prison at Guantanamo Bay amid a hunger strike among the remaining detainees.
(Sroczynski) “Some of these men have been there for 12 years without any trial; many of them have been cleared for release. And it has come to the point where it seems the only way to get out of Guantanamo is in a coffin.”
…Rich Sroczynski of Witness Against Torture. But not everybody walking by agrees.
(Man For Guantanamo) “Guantanamo was built to house enemies of war, why give them the benefits of anything resembling that very ideology that they despise.”
166 detainees remain at Guantanamo.
In New York, Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.
WATCH footage from the protest in New York City: