- Air Bag Recall Expands To 7.8 Million VehiclesPosted 8 hours ago
- What’s Included In Government Waste? [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- Bullet Points: The Right To Bear ArmsPosted 12 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Walking as Good as Running
Think you have to break a sweat and run hard to get all the health benefits of exercising? Maybe you don’t, as new research suggests it’s not how fast you’re going that matters.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon explains in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Not into running? Researchers say walking can be just as beneficial. A team at the Berkeley National Library analyzed data from 33,000 runners and 15,000 walkers. They found walking has the same effects on lowering blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes risk as running.
They say the health benefits come from the distance covered by running or walking, regardless of the pace.
For more on this story, visit foxnewshealth.com.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.