- Nurse In Maine Defies Ebola Quarantine [VIDEO]Posted 2 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: Presidential Hopefuls Hit The Road in Support Of Midterm CandidatesPosted 8 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Homeowners Association Battles with an Elderly Vet over a FlagpolePosted 9 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Walking as Good as Running
Think you have to break a sweat and run hard to get all the health benefits of exercising? Maybe you don’t, as new research suggests it’s not how fast you’re going that matters.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon explains in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Not into running? Researchers say walking can be just as beneficial. A team at the Berkeley National Library analyzed data from 33,000 runners and 15,000 walkers. They found walking has the same effects on lowering blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes risk as running.
They say the health benefits come from the distance covered by running or walking, regardless of the pace.
For more on this story, visit foxnewshealth.com.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.