- Could Cyber Crime Happen To You?Posted 10 hours ago
- Survey Reveals More Parents Requesting To Delay Vaccinations For KidsPosted 11 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Music Legend Aaron TippinPosted 15 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Housecall for Health: Walking as Good as Running
Think you have to break a sweat and run hard to get all the health benefits of exercising? Maybe you don’t, as new research suggests it’s not how fast you’re going that matters.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon explains in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Not into running? Researchers say walking can be just as beneficial. A team at the Berkeley National Library analyzed data from 33,000 runners and 15,000 walkers. They found walking has the same effects on lowering blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes risk as running.
They say the health benefits come from the distance covered by running or walking, regardless of the pace.
For more on this story, visit foxnewshealth.com.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.