- FOX In The Fast Lane: The Chase ContinuesPosted 1 hour ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 4 hours ago
- FOX Country: Dustin Lynch Snags First No. 1 On BillboardPosted 5 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Hagel: Pentagon Furloughs Not as Bad
Temporary layoffs in the Defense Department, trigger by sequestration, will probably be shorter than feared this year.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor has details from Washington:
Mandatory Federal budget cuts will mean most of the Pentagon’s nearly 800,000 civilian employees will have unpaid leave this year, but Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel says:
(Sec. Hagel) “We are gonna be able to reduce and delay these furloughs.”
Hagel says because of a short-term budget deal between Congress and the White House, Pentagon workers probably will lose 14 work days instead of 22. Hagel adds that the department also faces “significant” cuts in defense operations.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.