- AFMW: Dr. Alveda King, American Civil Rights ActivistPosted 11 hours ago
- “Enough With The Media’s Gotcha Game”Posted 20 hours ago
- Brazilian Butt Lift Blamed For Woman’s DeathPosted 21 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Hagel: Pentagon Furloughs Not as Bad
Temporary layoffs in the Defense Department, trigger by sequestration, will probably be shorter than feared this year.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor has details from Washington:
Mandatory Federal budget cuts will mean most of the Pentagon’s nearly 800,000 civilian employees will have unpaid leave this year, but Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel says:
(Sec. Hagel) “We are gonna be able to reduce and delay these furloughs.”
Hagel says because of a short-term budget deal between Congress and the White House, Pentagon workers probably will lose 14 work days instead of 22. Hagel adds that the department also faces “significant” cuts in defense operations.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.