- Hillary: “You Won’t Get Me To Talk About Keystone”Posted 10 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Seattle Seahawks Attempting to Trademark The Number 12, The Word ‘Boom’ And MorePosted 11 hours ago
- Fast-Food Restaurant Fuels Frenzy On Vegas StripPosted 12 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Housecall for Health: Pot & Cigarettes
Plenty of research has been done – and is ongoing – into whether marijuana is a gateway drug to things like heroin or cocaine. A new study finds that pot is indeed a gateway…but to smoking cigarettes.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon explains in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Marijuana users may be more prone to nicotine addiction. Researchers from the National Institute on Drug Abuse found that mice exposed to THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, were more motivated to self-administer nicotine – by poking their noses through a hole in the cage.
The exposure did not increase motivation for heroin or cocaine, but the new findings suggest a history of cannabis exposure may have lasting effects on the brain.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.