- Israel Calls Up Another 16,000 Reserves For Gaza FightingPosted 3 hours ago
- AEHQ: President Obama LawsuitPosted 4 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: Border Battle At The Ballot BoxPosted 4 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Boston Top Cop Evans – Residents Don’t Need To Own Shotguns / RiflesPosted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
Housecall for Health: Pot & Cigarettes
Plenty of research has been done – and is ongoing – into whether marijuana is a gateway drug to things like heroin or cocaine. A new study finds that pot is indeed a gateway…but to smoking cigarettes.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon explains in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Marijuana users may be more prone to nicotine addiction. Researchers from the National Institute on Drug Abuse found that mice exposed to THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, were more motivated to self-administer nicotine – by poking their noses through a hole in the cage.
The exposure did not increase motivation for heroin or cocaine, but the new findings suggest a history of cannabis exposure may have lasting effects on the brain.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.