- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 8 hours ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 1 day ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Housecall for Health: Pot & Cigarettes
Plenty of research has been done – and is ongoing – into whether marijuana is a gateway drug to things like heroin or cocaine. A new study finds that pot is indeed a gateway…but to smoking cigarettes.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon explains in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Marijuana users may be more prone to nicotine addiction. Researchers from the National Institute on Drug Abuse found that mice exposed to THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, were more motivated to self-administer nicotine – by poking their noses through a hole in the cage.
The exposure did not increase motivation for heroin or cocaine, but the new findings suggest a history of cannabis exposure may have lasting effects on the brain.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.