- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 4 hours ago
- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 2 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Housecall for Health: Pot & Cigarettes
Plenty of research has been done – and is ongoing – into whether marijuana is a gateway drug to things like heroin or cocaine. A new study finds that pot is indeed a gateway…but to smoking cigarettes.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon explains in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Marijuana users may be more prone to nicotine addiction. Researchers from the National Institute on Drug Abuse found that mice exposed to THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, were more motivated to self-administer nicotine – by poking their noses through a hole in the cage.
The exposure did not increase motivation for heroin or cocaine, but the new findings suggest a history of cannabis exposure may have lasting effects on the brain.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.