- Bullet Points: Boston Top Cop Evans – Residents Don’t Need To Own Shotguns / RiflesPosted 12 hours ago
- Hired! Office Body LanguagePosted 13 hours ago
- Border Disorder: A Plan From House RepublicansPosted 1 day ago
- AEHQ: FOX Poll: Midterm Election InterestPosted 1 day ago
- Housecall for Health: Fist Bump For HealthPosted 2 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
Housecall for Health: Deadly Sugary Drinks
As New York City’s mayor battles for a ban on large-sized sugary drinks, a new study finds that they may have some deadly consequences.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
More bad news for those who like their drinks sweet: Sugary beverages may contribute to nearly 200,000 deaths worldwide. Research from Harvard says it’s mainly due to the role in the rising number of Type-II diabetes.
But experts caution the study found only an association, and can’t prove that sugar-sweetened beverages caused these deaths. The drinks are often just part of a bad diet that contributes to poor health.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.