- President Obama Insists No U.S. Combat Mission In IraqPosted 6 hours ago
- Fed Signals Plan To Keep Interest Rates Low For A “Considerable Time” [VIDEO]Posted 7 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 13 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Biden, Bloomberg Talk Gun Control
With a gun control bill taking shape on Capitol Hill, Vice President Biden – who has headed President Obama’s gun control task force – met with New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg to discuss legislation.
FOX News Radio’s Jeff Monosso has details from New York City:
Just days after an assault weapons ban was stopped in its tracks in the Democratic-controlled Senate, Vice President Joe Biden and Mayor Michael Bloomberg, along with families from Newtown, urged Congress to tackle what the Vice President called “common sense measures” to save lives.
(Vice President Biden) “It will not solve every problem. It will not end every gun death, but it will substantially reduce it. And it matters.”
But Senate leaders also warned this week that universal background checks might also not make the cut amid stiff opposition by members of both parties and gun rights advocates.
In New York, Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.