- AFMW: Country Music Giant Larry GatlinPosted 19 mins ago
- Ebola In America: CDC Confirms First US CasePosted 13 hours ago
- The Head of the Secret Service in the Hot SeatPosted 22 hours ago
- AEHQ: ISIS Bleeds Into The Mid-Term ElectionsPosted 24 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: New Teen Birth Control RecommendationPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Next Pope Challenges: American Catholics
What do American Catholics want to see from their new Pope?
FOX News Radio’s Jeff Monosso reports from New York in our ongoing series:
People outside Saint Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City tell us they want a new Pope…
(Catholic Woman) “That’s a little younger that won’t get sick as fast.”
A Pope who takes a stand on sex abuse scandals that have rocked the Catholic Church.
(Catholic Man) “You’ve gotta get the priests out of the, out of the Catholic hierarchy that are abusing children and other people. It’s just, it’s not right. It’s not right in society. It’s not right in the Church.”
And some Catholics tell us they’d like to see…
(Catholic Woman) “More stability, um, structure.”
A Pope who’s more conservative. While other Catholics tell us…
(Catholic Man) “I’m looking for someone who is less conservative than the current Pope.”
(Catholic Man) “I honestly would like to see someone a little more progressive, and a little more open minded, more liberal. I don’t think it’s going to happen in this next Pope, maybe not even the one after that. It’s gonna probably take awhile.”
And the College of Cardinals will soon gather in conclave in the Sistine Chapel to decide whether these Catholics will get what they want in the next Pope.
In New York, Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.