- The Balance Of Power: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 16 hours ago
- FOX Country: Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean Team Up For A Mega TourPosted 18 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Girl Desperate to be Nicki Minaj After Wisdom Teeth RemovalPosted 18 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Next Pope Challenges: American Catholics
What do American Catholics want to see from their new Pope?
FOX News Radio’s Jeff Monosso reports from New York in our ongoing series:
People outside Saint Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City tell us they want a new Pope…
(Catholic Woman) “That’s a little younger that won’t get sick as fast.”
A Pope who takes a stand on sex abuse scandals that have rocked the Catholic Church.
(Catholic Man) “You’ve gotta get the priests out of the, out of the Catholic hierarchy that are abusing children and other people. It’s just, it’s not right. It’s not right in society. It’s not right in the Church.”
And some Catholics tell us they’d like to see…
(Catholic Woman) “More stability, um, structure.”
A Pope who’s more conservative. While other Catholics tell us…
(Catholic Man) “I’m looking for someone who is less conservative than the current Pope.”
(Catholic Man) “I honestly would like to see someone a little more progressive, and a little more open minded, more liberal. I don’t think it’s going to happen in this next Pope, maybe not even the one after that. It’s gonna probably take awhile.”
And the College of Cardinals will soon gather in conclave in the Sistine Chapel to decide whether these Catholics will get what they want in the next Pope.
In New York, Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.