- The Balance Of Power: Presidential Hopefuls Hit The Road in Support Of Midterm CandidatesPosted 5 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Homeowners Association Battles with an Elderly Vet over a FlagpolePosted 6 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Artist Lizzie SiderPosted 6 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
bin Laden’s Son-in-Law Appears in Court [VIDEO]
Usama bin Laden never stood trial in the United States, but his son-in-law will. Captured overseas and brought to the U.S. to face prosecution, Sulaiman Abu Ghaith – who is married to bin Laden’s daughter, Fatima and was Usama bin Laden’s spokesman – was arraigned Friday morning just blocks from where the Twin Towers were destroyed on 9/11.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports from outside the Federal courthouse in Lower Manhattan:
Sulaiman Abu Ghaith pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to kill Americans at his arraignment here at this Federal courthouse. The prosecutor says Abu Ghaith gave an extensive post-arrest statement to officials, but did not give any details of what he said. His attorneys did not request bail; no trial date has been set.
The evidence against him will include videos and audio recordings, some warning of more attacks. Critics say Abu Ghaith should be treated as an enemy combatant at Guantanamo.
His next court appearance in New York is scheduled for April.
In New York, Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on Abu Ghaith’s arraignment: