- AFMW: Bluegrass group Nu-Blu and Sam Moore, Legendary Soul ManPosted 21 mins ago
- Lois Lerner Opens-Up About IRS Scandal [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- A Chilling Warning From ISIS Released in an Audio StatementPosted 18 hours ago
- Securing America: Breach At 1600 Pennsylvania Ave [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
North Korea Threatens to End Korean War Ceasefire [VIDEO]
As American and South Korean forces hold military drills, North Korea has responded by saying it’ll overturn a ceasefire held since 1935 and return to a state of war.
FOX News Radio’s Alastair Wanklyn reports from Tokyo:
North Korea’s military command said six days from now, it’ll scrap the Korean armistice agreed 60 years ago because it said that is what ongoing exercises between the United States military and South Korean forces are doing anyway. The North also objecting to upcoming U.N.-led sanctions aimed at its nuclear program. That threat was carried by North Korea’s state news agency.
U.S. exercises take place in South Korea every year, but this threat seems timed to try to deter U.N. punishment.
In Tokyo, Alastair Wanklyn, FOX News Radio.
Another reason North Korea is upset with the U.S.: The threat of tighter sanctions. And the U.S. has turned a key U.N. ally against the North Koreans.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy has details from New York City:
With China, North Korea’s closest ally, reportedly agreeing with the U.S. on a new draft resolution, the U.N. Security Council is meeting behind closed doors to discuss a possible fourth round of sanctions on North Korea.
North Korea launched an underground nuclear test in February, its third one. The tougher round of sanctions are expected to tighten financial restrictions and strengthen existing sanctions related to North Korea’s nuclear and missile programs, adding additional companies and individuals to the sanctions list.
In New York, Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on North Korea’s threat: