- Housecall for Health: American Cancer Society Turns 100Posted 2 hours ago
- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 13 hours ago
- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 16 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 20 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 21 hours ago
Pope Benedict XVI Gives Final Audience [VIDEO]
Pope Benedict XVI’s time as head of the Catholic Church is almost over. The Pope held his final general audience Wednesday at St. Peter’s Square.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Walsh reports from Rome:
St. Peter’s Square is now empty, but for a long time after Pope Benedict left, the faithful remained chanting and cheering.
The Vatican says close to 150,000 were here as well as 70 Cardinals.
During his last address the Pope spoke of his painful decision to step down, of the joys he had during his nearly eight years as Pope, as well as the times of rough winds when it seemed as if the Lord was sleeping.
The Pope’s resignation becomes effective tomorrow. And a new Pope is expected to be elected by Easter.
At the Vatican, Courtney Walsh, FOX News Radio.
WATCH for more on this story: