- FOX Wheels: Teen DrivingPosted 50 mins ago
- Peyton Manning Breaks Touchdown RecordPosted 2 hours ago
- AFMW: Nick CannonPosted 2 days ago
- America’s Ebola Response Coordinator NamedPosted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Bret’s Cafe Lip-Dub ProposalPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Guns In America: Dangers of Toy Guns
There are times when a toy gun can be as dangerous as the real thing, and some lawmakers are looking to prevent that.
FOX News Radio’s Jill Nado reports in our special series “Guns In America”:
Two men in Michigan nearly got shot by police when…
(Bieda) “They had removed the orange tips at the heads of imitation firearms and kind of proceeded to discharge it in a mall parking lot. It was really difficult for law enforcement to determine whether they were using real or imitation firearms.”
Steve Bieda is a Michigan State Senator sponsoring a measure that would make altering a toy gun to make it look real a serious crime. Now, he doesn’t want to see eight-year-olds locked up for making their toy look like the real thing, but he is trying to raise awareness.
(Bieda) “And something to give a little bit more teeth to law enforcement in both the sale and the procurement of these items.”
And Detroit police say gangs have been altering toys to make them look real and using them to commit crimes.
Jill Nado, FOX News Radio.