- U.S. Pledges Additional Aid To Nepal Following EarthquakePosted 12 hours ago
- Loretta Lynch Sworn In As U.S. Attorney GeneralPosted 13 hours ago
- Clinton Cash Scandal: Foundation Admits “We Made Mistakes” [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 months ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 8 months ago
Titanic II Replica Close to Becoming Reality
The Titanic – billed as “unsinkable” by its operator, the White Star Line – hit an iceberg in the North Atlantic and sank in April 1912, killing more than 1,500 people. Now, a nearly-exact replica of the notorious ship, built by the Blue Star Line, could set sail in a few years.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Lacerra reports:
Australian billionaire Clive Palmer says he wants to build a new version of the Titanic that could set sail in three years, unveiling plans for a modern replica of the doomed ship at New York City’s Sea, Air and Space Museum. When asked whether he was tempting fate by replicating the ship, he said he’s not superstitious.
(Palmer) “The original Titanic story stands as an example for all of us of human courage and endeavor, of self-sacrifice. And I think they’re things that people can respect, and they’re timeless sort of values.”
Palmer says 40,000 people have expressed interest in tickets for the maiden voyage from England to New York, expected in 2016. Construction expected to begin soon in China.
Lisa Lacerra, FOX News Radio.