- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 18 hours ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 1 day ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Tracy’s Tax Tips: Healthcare Reform and Your Taxes
Does the healthcare reform affect your taxes this year? In a small way… yes.
Tracy Byrnes from the FOX Business Network explains in “Tracy’s Tax Tips”:
One more healthcare act tax provision will show up on your 2012 Form W-2 that your employer is required to send to you by the end of January.
I’m Tracy Byrnes with the Fox Business Network here with Tracy’s Tax Tips.
Okay so, in Box 12, you’ll see how much your workplace-provided medical coverage is worth. Now don’t worry. You don’t have to do anything. You don’t have to include the amount on your tax return. But I wanted you to be aware of this extra number that’s going to show up on your W-2. It will have the explanatory code DD next to it and it’s for informational purposes only.
It’s basically for Uncle Sam. Now, the IRS is going to this data to help it enforce two new things in the healthcare law: The eventual coverage mandate, which goes into effect in 2013, and the so-called ‘Cadillac tax’ on more expensive workplace insurance plans, which isn’t effective until 2018.
I’m Tracy Byrnes, FOX News Radio.