- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 1 hour ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 1 day ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 1 day ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Housecall for Health: Failed Diets
Many people who are trying to lose weight use a diet…but some researchers say it may be worse for you than not changing your diet.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
You start a diet with the best intentions, but somehow you manage to gain weight instead of lose it. A British survey finds nearly 1/3 of women see a spike on the scale after starting a diet. The reasons:
–Many diets don’t allow you to eat foods you like, which actually increases cravings;
-Dieters who slip up, eating a hot fudge sundae, tend to shift right back into unhealthy habits;
-And a diet can actually throw your metabolism off balance if you are doing it too often.
Housecall for Health, I’m Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio.