- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 2 days ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 3 days ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Housecall for Health: Failed Diets
Many people who are trying to lose weight use a diet…but some researchers say it may be worse for you than not changing your diet.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
You start a diet with the best intentions, but somehow you manage to gain weight instead of lose it. A British survey finds nearly 1/3 of women see a spike on the scale after starting a diet. The reasons:
-Many diets don’t allow you to eat foods you like, which actually increases cravings;
-Dieters who slip up, eating a hot fudge sundae, tend to shift right back into unhealthy habits;
-And a diet can actually throw your metabolism off balance if you are doing it too often.
Housecall for Health, I’m Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio.