- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 1 day ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 2 days ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Housecall for Health: Failed Diets
Many people who are trying to lose weight use a diet…but some researchers say it may be worse for you than not changing your diet.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
You start a diet with the best intentions, but somehow you manage to gain weight instead of lose it. A British survey finds nearly 1/3 of women see a spike on the scale after starting a diet. The reasons:
-Many diets don’t allow you to eat foods you like, which actually increases cravings;
-Dieters who slip up, eating a hot fudge sundae, tend to shift right back into unhealthy habits;
-And a diet can actually throw your metabolism off balance if you are doing it too often.
Housecall for Health, I’m Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio.