- Pollino’s Guide To Holiday Movies (And Oscar Buzz): A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 10 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: John Lewis Christmas Advert 2014Posted 11 hours ago
- Tales Of Black Friday ShoppersPosted 11 hours ago
- FOX Country: Jake Owen’s Humbling BalladPosted 12 hours ago
- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 1 day ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 2 days ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 2 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 3 days ago
Housecall for Health: Failed Diets
Many people who are trying to lose weight use a diet…but some researchers say it may be worse for you than not changing your diet.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
You start a diet with the best intentions, but somehow you manage to gain weight instead of lose it. A British survey finds nearly 1/3 of women see a spike on the scale after starting a diet. The reasons:
-Many diets don’t allow you to eat foods you like, which actually increases cravings;
-Dieters who slip up, eating a hot fudge sundae, tend to shift right back into unhealthy habits;
-And a diet can actually throw your metabolism off balance if you are doing it too often.
Housecall for Health, I’m Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio.