- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 1 hour ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 1 hour ago
- Hired! Jobs That Don’t Require College DegreesPosted 2 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Music Giant Larry GatlinPosted 2 hours ago
- Ebola In America: CDC Confirms First US CasePosted 15 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Tracy’s Tax Tips: Free File
If you fall into a certain income bracket, you may be able to file your taxes for free.
Tracy Byrnes from the FOX Business Network tells us how:
If your 2012 Adjusted Gross income is $57,000 or less, you may be able to file your tax return electronically for free!!
I’m Tracy Byrnes with the FOX Business Network, here with Tracy’s Tax Tips.
Check out Free File at IRS.gov. It’s a free, federal income tax preparation and electronic filing program for eligible taxpayers. And since approximately 70% of all taxpayers have an AGI of $57,000 or less, it’s totally worth checking out.
Now, this year, 15 companies including TurboTax, H&R Block, and TaxACT are participating. Now each participating company sets its own eligibility requirements that may include your age, state, eligibility for the Earned Income Tax Credit, and military status.
And, not all taxpayers will qualify for all 15 companies. But you can just click on the “Help Me Find a Free File Company” tool to find a program that meets your needs.
Some participating Free File companies even offer free state tax return preparation and e-file.
I’m Tracy Byrnes, FOX News Radio.