- AFMW: Maria Bartiromo, Host of FBN’s “Opening Bell with Maria BartiromoPosted 36 mins ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 37 mins ago
- Tim McGraw’s Touching Tribute To Glen CampbellPosted 2 hours ago
- AFMW: Dr. Alveda King, American Civil Rights ActivistPosted 15 hours ago
- “Enough With The Media’s Gotcha Game”Posted 24 hours ago
- Brazilian Butt Lift Blamed For Woman’s DeathPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
Fake Wheelchair Users On The Rise
A lot more people are using wheelchairs at airports, but many of them are perfectly healthy.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Knight reports:
One airport wheelchair attendant says, “We call ‘em miracles”– people wheeled past security and right to the gate who suddenly jump up, grab their bags and rush onto the plane.
Federal law requires that anybody who asks for a wheelchair be given one, free, no questions asked.
A Wall Street Journal survey finds that fraudulent wheelchair use is up all across the country.
Officials at the LA airport estimate that 15% of all requests are phony.
Airports can’t challenge anybody requesting a wheelchair and they can’t refuse service.
Disability advocates point out that illegitimate requests for wheelchairs at LA’s airport often add 20 minutes to the wait for a wheelchair for a traveler who really needs one.
Steve Knight, Fox News Radio.