- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 1 day ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 2 days ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
CDC: Flu Shot Ineffective, Especially For Seniors
One of the age groups that’s most vulnerable to the flu didn’t get much protection from this year’s flu shot.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports:
The CDC says, for people 65 & older, this year’s flu vaccine has been only 9% effective against the dangerous strain that’s been most common, and against all three targeted strains, only 27% effective in protecting seniors. The numbers also falling short of what’s normally expected across all age groups: a 56% lower chance of ending up at the doctor’s office than without the flu shot.
The numbers are considered preliminary estimates from the CDC, which still says it’s better to have the shot than not to get some protection.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.