- Deer Tick DangersPosted 1 day ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 3 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 3 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 3 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 3 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 3 days ago
CDC: Flu Shot Ineffective, Especially For Seniors
One of the age groups that’s most vulnerable to the flu didn’t get much protection from this year’s flu shot.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports:
The CDC says, for people 65 & older, this year’s flu vaccine has been only 9% effective against the dangerous strain that’s been most common, and against all three targeted strains, only 27% effective in protecting seniors. The numbers also falling short of what’s normally expected across all age groups: a 56% lower chance of ending up at the doctor’s office than without the flu shot.
The numbers are considered preliminary estimates from the CDC, which still says it’s better to have the shot than not to get some protection.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.