- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 20 hours ago
- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 3 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 5 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
CDC: Flu Shot Ineffective, Especially For Seniors
One of the age groups that’s most vulnerable to the flu didn’t get much protection from this year’s flu shot.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports:
The CDC says, for people 65 & older, this year’s flu vaccine has been only 9% effective against the dangerous strain that’s been most common, and against all three targeted strains, only 27% effective in protecting seniors. The numbers also falling short of what’s normally expected across all age groups: a 56% lower chance of ending up at the doctor’s office than without the flu shot.
The numbers are considered preliminary estimates from the CDC, which still says it’s better to have the shot than not to get some protection.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.